U.S. Development Academy facts
MTA will be offering U14, U16 & U18 U.S. Development Academy teams
Playing for a US Development Club, your son will have access to more training (4-5 times per week over 10 month period), more meaningful games (Top 80 youth clubs in the nation), better instructions (National Technical Director Evaluations). Player Identification is secondary to none. U.S. Soccer Development players are exposed to 400-500 college coaches and over 25 professional scouts through out the season and during showcases, as well as being evaluated by National team staff during games and technical training sessions.
No other stand alone youth soccer club in Minnesota provides this level of training, games, and exposure.
Tryouts & Rosters
- July Evaluation Camp. (Camp page, click here)
- Rosters for MTA U.S. Development Academy teams will be formed by the end of July.
- Roster Size per age group (22-26 players)
- 4-5 times per week.
- Training starts in mid August and will run through July.
- Friendlies games
- We will take a small break at some point in the winter, more to follow…
- 27 League Games will be played from September to July.
- Showcases will be played in December & June.
- Futsal Showcase will be played in February.
Break (1 month)
- Rob Zahl - Director, U16 & U18
- Mark Yueill - U14
- Ralph Akale - Technical advisor
- Evan Fuhs - Physical & Nutrition
- Jon Swallen - Goal Keeper
Tuition & Payments
Players playing U.S. Development Academy will need to make a down payment by August 1 for $1500 to MTA, this payment is non refundable. The overall tuition for U.S. Development Academy players will be $3500. (Tuition page, click here)
Opinions about U.S. Development Academy that I am sure most of you would agree with
- Those of you familiar with U.S. Development Academy soccer know the benefit of playing in this league. Development, Competition, and Exposure.
- The league is the best youth soccer league in the country.
- The competition is second to none at the youth or HS level.
- Those of you who are very serious about playing college soccer the U.S. Development Academy will prepare you for that level.
- Every college coach I have talked to would want their future players playing in the U.S. Development Academy versus playing High School.
- For the very serious player, this will put MTA players on the same playing schedule as the top players and top programs around the country, like Fire, Magic, and most of CA and TX.
More information on the U.S. Development Academy (Click Here)