Minnesota Thunder Academy runs 5 Regional Academies in the Twin Cities (North, South, East, West).
Our Elite Academy is designed for the top boys and girls in the U13-U19 age groups and offers the highest level of training in Minnesota. Our Elite teams compete against the top regional and national level teams.
We provide the absolute best soccer training environment available. Our focus is on the proper technical and tactical development of the player while helping them build a love for the game of soccer.
What Separates Minnesota Thunder Academy from Other Clubs?
Year Round Professional Coaching
Your professional coach is with you for the entire year; Not just some training sessions through the winter and once or twice in the summer. Our coaches stay with their teams through the entire year for both training and games.
Elite Clubs National League
This is the highest level of play for girls in the U15-U18 age groups in the country. Minnesota Thunder Academy is the only club in Minnesota participating in this league and offering the highest level of competition as well as exposure to college coaches.
US Development Academy
The Development Academy is a partnership between U.S. Soccer and the top youth clubs around the country to provide the best youth players in the U.S. with an everyday environment designed to produce the next generation of National Team men’s players. Minnesota Thunder Academy is one of two clubs in Minnesota in the Development Academy.
Jr Regional Clubs League
This league is designed for the top U11-U14 teams in the region. All travel is within the region and includes the top 10 clubs in the Midwest. Minnesota Thunder Academy is the only club in Minnesota who are in this league.
We have produced multiple National Team, Regional Team and professional players. Many of our players have gone on to play college soccer at the D1, D2 or D3 level. Click here for a complete list of our alumni.
MTA players also have connections to national player identification programs ID2 and ODP.
Competitive Environment and Coaching
Our club attracts the highest talent level within Minnesota and therefore our players benefit from playing with other skilled players under the guidance of our professional coaches.
MTA North Juniors Program
This year-round program is designed for players aged 8-12 years old who have a higher level of ability, commitment and interest level in soccer. This program helps prepare players who aspire to play in the MTA Elite Academy.
We know the U9-U12 ages are the most critical development years of a youth soccer player’s career. It is at these ages where the basic fundamental skills of soccer are mastered that allow players to compete and be successful as soccer players at the next level of play and where they develop a true love for the game.
Our recipe for success is: Committed Players + Professional Coaches + Proper Technique + Passion = Long Term Soccer Success and Enjoyment
1. Training Environment. Our training environment simply cannot be replicated because of the highly competitive environment the players train in with our professional trainers and coaches.
2. Frequency. Our juniors team’s train together 2 to 3 times per week from mid-August through the end of the following July.
3. Proper Coaching. Players work under the guidance of our top-level professional soccer coaches and trainers. We make it a priority that our players are given the right technical foundation that will allow them to compete at the next levels of play (MTA Elite Academy, MYSA Premier, high school varsity, collegiate, etc).
4. Attitude/Commitment. We bring together Like-minded families who have a higher level of commitment and interest in soccer.
5. Passion. We instill and foster a deep passion for the game. This passion is what will help drive and motivate the players to work on their technical skills on their own and to compete at the highest levels of play.
Why come to MTA now?
Many Community clubs say they offer year-round training. However it is difficult to replicate the training environment or level of coaching that players receive at MTA. Each year at the U13-U19 levels, players come from clubs across the Twin Cities in hopes of making our elite teams. Many of these players come without the proper technical foundation and therefore are not good enough to make our Elite teams. They may be the best players at their community club, but it is often too late technically for these players to compete at the Regional and National levels where our teams compete. We give our U9-U12 players their best chance by properly teaching the fundamentals at this critical stage of a player’s soccer development.
Interested in Joining?
MTA North is open to all interested competitive (U9-U12) and recreational (U6-U8) players regardless of current ability and playing level.
Contact David Alberti