This Code of Conduct has been developed to clarify and define standards of ethical and moral behavior from players affiliated with the Minnesota Thunder Academy (MTA).
ARTICLE I – RESPONSIBILITIES OF MTA PLAYERS
1. Players shall place the safety and welfare of teammates and opponents above the value of winning.
2. Players shall understand how to play within the Laws of the Game and within the spirit of the game at all times.
3. Players shall encourage and condone appropriate behavior from teammates in any situation.
ARTICLE II – RESPONSIBILITIES TO OPPONENTS
1. Players shall afford to opponents (including coaches and supporters) the respect expected by the Laws of the Game and the spirit of competition.
2. Players Coaches shall engage in fair-play without the intent of causing injury to an opponent.
3. Players shall not engage in any physical or verbal confrontation with any opposing player, coach, or supporter.
ARTICLE III – RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE GAME
1. Players shall be aware of the Laws of the Game and shall adhere to the letter and spirit of the Laws of the Game.
2. Players shall be responsible for understanding the meaning and application of the Laws of the Game.
3. Players shall share in the responsibilities of team leadership and shall be accountable for the conduct of their teammates.
ARTICLE IV – RESPONSIBILITIES TO OFFICIALS
1. Players shall extend respect and courtesy to match and competition officials.
2. Players shall not incite teammates, coaches or spectators into conduct towards officials that is contrary to the Laws of the Game.
ARTICLE V – RESPONSIBILITIES TO USYSA/US CLUCB SOCCER AND MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS
1. Players shall comply with the rules, policies and procedures established by USYS/US Club Soccer and the applicable Member Organization.
2. Players shall become aware of the rules, policies and procedures of USYS/US Club Soccer and the applicable Member Organization regarding player and team eligibility, team formation, and recruiting.
3. Players shall refer disputes, appeals and disciplinary reports to proper authorities as designed by USYS/US Club Soccer and the applicable Member Organization.