This Code of Conduct has been developed to clarify and define standards of ethical and moral behavior from parents/guardians of players affiliated with the Minnesota Thunder Academy (MTA).
ARTICLE I – RESPONSIBILITIES TO MTA PLAYERS
1. Shall place the safety and welfare of players above the value of winning.
2. Shall encourage all players to play within the Laws of the Game and within the spirit of the game at all times.
3. Shall encourage and condone appropriate behavior from players in any situation.
ARTICLE II – RESPONSIBILITIES TO OPPONENTS
1. Shall afford to opponents (including coaches and supporters) the respect expected by the Laws of the Game and the spirit of competition.
2. Shall encourage and expect players to engage in fair-play without the intent of causing injury to an opponent.
3. Shall not engage in any physical or verbal confrontation with any opposing player, coach, or supporter.
ARTICLE III – RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE GAME
1. Shall be aware of the Laws of the Game and shall encourage players to adhere to the letter and spirit of the Laws of the Game.
2. Shall support team leadership.
ARTICLE IV – RESPONSIBILITIES TO OFFICIALS
1. Shall extend respect and courtesy to match and competition officials.
2. Shall not incite players, coaches or spectators into conduct towards officials that is contrary to the Laws of the Game.
3. Shall use their influence and authority to deter inappropriate conduct by supporters towards officials and opponents.
ARTICLE V – RESPONSIBILITIES TO USYSA/US CLUCB SOCCER AND MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS
1. Shall comply with the rules, policies and procedures established by USYS/US Club Soccer and the applicable Member Organization.
2. Shall become aware of the rules, policies and procedures of USYS/US Club Soccer and the applicable Member Organization regarding player and team eligibility, team formation, and recruiting.
3. Shall refer disputes, appeals and disciplinary reports to proper authorities as designed by USYS/US Club Soccer and the applicable Member Organization.