MTA continues to raise the bar in Minnesota in terms of player development, team performance, college recruitment and national exposure. 14 years ago we embarked on a new journey to ensure stronger competition and a more direct path to collegiate soccer for our players, and MTA was one of the founding members of the Girls ECNL. That success story has proven itself every year since. We joined the Boys ECNL for the 2019-2020 season, which was canceled by Covid-19, but made us the only club in the state to offer such a national platform for players to excel.
In 2020-21, we joined TCSL in re-defining the local landscape in Minnesota by joining the new Minnesota National Premier League. This was the obvious next step for us to align with our goal of continuing to be the leader in high level soccer not only in Minnesota, but nationally.
MTA is ‘All In’ with US Club Soccer
Girls and Boys ECNL – will continue to compete in the ECNL Midwest Conference regionally, and in ECNL Showcase events and Playoffs nationally. This will allow for earlier tryouts, more focus on ECNL level competition, and allow time to compete at Puma Cup U17 Elite at Gothia Cup in Sweden (Girls), additional College Showcases, and other high level events.
Boys & Girls Minnesota NPL – will compete in the TCSL Minnesota NPL. The NPL is a national competition platform created to elevate and change the soccer landscape through development, meaningful competition and identification platforms culminating in the NPL finals. This league will have 14-20 games November through June, and emphasizes calendar decongestion, appropriate training-to-match ratios, and club-driven scheduling. TCSL will provide a college recruiting platform, ID camp and Showcase events for 15U+ age groups. MTA also hosts a Girls College Showcase and a Boys College Showcase for our NPL players.
Juniors Boys & Girls – will compete in TCSL’s National or Regional leagues.
MTA – Raising the Bar
As part of our comprehensive player development approach, MTA continues to offer services and benefits that cannot be found anywhere else in Minnesota.
College Exposure and Recruiting to DI, DII and DIII Programs – MTA has trained more collegiate and professional athletes than all other soccer clubs in MN combined! Other clubs may say this, but MTA can prove it – check out the details on our website
Proven MTA Development Path – MTA has developed a path to success. From our ThunderBolts programming to NPL and ECNL, from expert, high level coaches to Elite Club Benefits we provide a holistic approach to development, identification & competition that completes the player.
Top Players Play Here – The athletes awarded Mr and/or Ms Minnesota have been MTA players for the last 22 years. Athletes come to MTA from all over the state to play on teams where all players are dedicated to soccer, and are working together to get to the next level.
Elite Club Benefits
- State of the art turf and dome facilities – designed and developed to ensure proper ball performance, optimal safety and energy return for players
- Innovative technologies to enhance player performance (Fitfor90, Veo Camera system, Normatec athlete recovery pants)
- Strategic Partnerships – to enhance the player experiences and performance, and continue to educate our coaches (Twin Cities Orthopedics and Training HAUS powered by TCO provides athletic trainers and Performance training)
- Byga Comprehensive Club Management System – from player evaluations to registrations, MTA is committed to the highest level of communication and excellence.
- Snap!Spend team financial system - ease and transparency for collecting team fees.